Relaxed, versatile and supremely comfortable, men’s and lady’s sweatshirts are the casual wardrobe’s best friend. Here are a few ideas about how to wear men’s sweatshirts and ladies’ sweat shirts as well as what to look out for when buying them. Guide to Wearing Sweatshirts
Replace your jacket with a sweatshirt in the winter
For a truly relaxed look, wear jumpers instead of a coat in colder weather. This is an easier way to layer clothing and won’t feel quite as bulky. In fact, many sweatshirts have the same functional features as a jacket, including warm pockets, hoods, fleecy linings, full or half zips, and warm ribbed cuffs. They can then be layered over t-shirts, polo shirts, casual shirts, padded gilets, and denim jeans. Guide to Wearing Sweatshirts
Dress up your sweatshirts
Ladies’ sweaters can be easily dressed up by adding a belt and rolling up the sleeves to the elbow. Add a pair of denim slim cut jeans or a fitted skirt to balance the volume of the top half and finish the look with a pair of flat pumps. Alternatively, wear ladies’ sweaters with a girl’s dress and ankle boots. Men’s sweaters can be dressed up with a pair of dark-wash denim jeans and dark-colored trainers.
Wear your sweater with accessories
Ladies’ sweatshirts look great with some brightly colored bangles or bracelets, and a chunky pendant necklace. Equally, men’s sweatshirts can look good with a cotton neck scarf and a colorful belt.
Wear your sweatshirts with shorts in the summer
Both men’s sweatshirts and ladies’ sweatshirts make great all-season wear. In the summer, pack one in your suitcase which you can throw on over your shorts and cotton t-shirt in the evenings. Sweatshirts look good with flip flops, trainers or plimsolls so will work with the majority of your summer footwear.
Make your sweatshirts gym bag essentials
Sweatshirts are great for the gym because they’re so easy to throw on and off and look good with classic gym wear. Ladies’ sweatshirts go well with leggings, vest tops, tracksuits, and plimsolls, and men’s sweatshirts look great with jogging trousers, t-shirts, and trainers.
Choose your sweatshirts wisely
The best quality sweatshirts will have a range of practical and stylish features and will last years of wear and washes. Men’s sweatshirts should be 100% cotton in lightweight or heavyweight fabric. Stick to classic-fit men’s sweatshirts that are loose enough without being too baggy for the most comfortable options. Good quality ladies’ sweatshirts should also be 100% cotton or piqué cotton and have princess seams to give them a better-fitted shape. Look out for chunky ribbed cuffs and hems because they’ll help retain warmth when you wear them. Guide to Wearing Sweatshirts
Here are some of our favorite ways to rock the oversized sweatshirt for men and women:
Women’s guide to wearing an oversized sweatshirt:
Styling an oversized sweatshirt can be both comfortable and chic. Find more versatility in one garment than you’ve ever had before.
Pairing it with bottoms:
1. Or no bottoms at all – wear them as a dress. Wearing a big, long sweatshirt as a dress creates an appealing streetwear look.
2. Never go wrong with denim. Jeans are always a solid option, regardless of the fit you choose. Denim serves as a compliment to the oversized sweatshirt while accentuating your figure. Add texture by pairing it with ripped or acid-washed jeans.
3. Rock the sporty look with leggings or yoga pants. Fitted bottoms go great with any oversized sweatshirt. If you want to get creative, try experimenting with boldly colored or printed design pants to add a little or a lot of personality to your outfit.
4. Stay comfortable with joggers. If you want to keep comfort from head to toe, choose sweatpants that are slimmer fitting and tapered at the ankles.
Topping it off:
1. All the class and a touch of sass with thigh-high boots. Couple an oversized sweatshirt worn as a dress with thigh-high boots to let the world know you’re ready to tackle the day your way.
2. Wear sneakers or canvas shoes for a confident, laid-back look. When wearing a plain sweatshirt, choose a colored shoe to make your outfit pop.
3. Sweatshirts look best layered. Layer your oversized sweatshirt with a similar-fit jean jacket. If you’re going for a sportier vibe, choose a bomber jacket instead.
Men’s guide to wearing an oversized sweatshirt:
When paired with the right clothing items, you can transform that same big sweatshirt into a classic look that will turn heads when you walk through the door.
Pairing with bottoms:
1. Combine an oversized sweatshirt with slim-fit pants. This will add an edge to your style that will help you look more put together while you stay relaxed all day, whether you’re headed to class or celebrating casual Friday.
2. For a trendy look, throw some joggers on with your oversized sweatshirt. Practical, yet stylish. This is the look for those who take action while staying comfortable.