Summary: There are many users who want to transfer their Yahoo emails to Office 365 accounts. Therefore, this article will cover the different reasons why users need to transfer their Yahoo emails and also the most effective approaches to migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365. So to get the best solution to your problem, read this article attentively.
Yahoo mail is one of the most popular webmail service providers across the world. Emails are the most important part for any organization to manage their data. Therefore, It is used by small businesses and large businesses as a medium of communication. It also allows the users to manage their crucial information securely.
However, In the age of growing technology, where most email application providers are providing more features and benefits to the users, Yahoo did not take any steps to improve and expand the features of its application. Due to this, several Yahoo users start facing issues like lagging, limited features, less security, etc., and need to switch toward other email clients such as Office 365.
Microsoft Office 365 is a free web-based email service provider which is more secure and comes up with multiple advanced features. The interface of this application is easy to navigate and provides a professional environment to its users. Therefore, users want to migrate from Yahoo small business to Office 365.
Reasons Why Users Want to Migrate from Yahoo to Office 365
There are various reasons to migrate Yahoo to Office 365 mailbox. These reasons can differ from user to user, in some circumstances Yahoo mail users are looking for solutions regarding how to retrieve Yahoo deleted email which also generates the need to switch over a more secure cloud-based environment.
This section will explain the most common reasons that induce the demand to import Yahoo mail to Office 365.
- It comes up with different plans, which are more suitable for business and personal use.
- Office 365 has more advanced features that fulfill all the necessities of users.
- It has more security features like two-step verification which ensures that nobody can access your data easily.
After reading all the above listed reasons, users are looking for the best ways to migrate Yahoo emails to Office 365. Hence, in the next section we will discuss the manual ways to migrate Yahoo emails to Office 365.
Manual Way to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365
Now, we will talk about the steps of the manual method. However, there are no direct steps to migrate yahoo to Office 365. Therefore, we have to accomplish this process in two parts. First, you have to convert Yahoo emails into PST format. After that, you can migrate the PST files to Office 365.
Step 1: Export Yahoo emails to PST Format
- First, Open Microsoft Outlook Account on your computer.
- After that, click the File button and choose the Open & Export option.
- Then, click on the Import/Export option.
- Now, select Export to a file and press the Next tab.
- In the next step, choose the Outlook Data file .pst and hit the Next button.
- Select Yahoo Account, which is configured with Microsoft Outlook, and press the Next button.
- Then, tap on the Browse button and choose the destination path to save the file.
- At last, click on the Finish tab to start the process of exporting the files.
With the help of the above steps, you will complete the process of saving Yahoo emails into PST format. Now, we will discuss the steps to import these PST files to Office 365 accounts.
Step 2: Import PST FIles (containing Yahoo emails) to Office 365 Account
In order to import yahoo emails to Office 365, you need to perform the following steps.
- Firstly, open the Compliance center on your computer and log in to your Microsoft Office 365 account.
- After that, select the Data lifecycle management > Import option.
- Now, it will show you the Job wizard option in which you have to choose the name for the import PST job and press the Next button.
- Then, select the Upload Your Data option and hit the Next tab.
- Here it opens the Import Data panel, where you have to choose the Show Network Upload SAS URL option.
- Then, copy SAS URL on your clipboard and paste it onto your computer.
Now, you transfer PST File to Microsoft Office 365 Via Azure AzCopy
- After successfully installing the Azure AzCopy on your computer, select the Command prompt and locate the directory where you have downloaded the azcopy.exe file.
- Here perform the following command to migrate Yahoo emails to Office 365 accounts.
azcopy.exe copy “<Source location of PST files>” “<SAS URL>”
- After that, a pop-up will appear on your screen that shows the uploading process of PST files.
However, this process will only transfer your PST files to Azure Azcopy. After that, create CSV files that contain the information regarding the user’s mailbox and PST files to import. In case if you want to know more about this process, you can prefer the Microsoft blog on How to use Network Upload to Import PST files?
Advanced Approach to Migrate Yahoo to Office 365
In the above part of this blog, you can clearly see that the manual methods are too lengthy to perform and also require technical skills. In case you skip any step, you may have the chance of data loss. Therefore, most experts suggested choosing an advanced approach i.e, using Yahoo Backup Tool. This software is more secure and comes up with many advanced features that make the conversion process more convenient for the users.
It also allows you to migrate Yahoo emails to Office 365, Gmail, Thunderbird, Hotmail, and many other email clients. Moreover, you can also save your emails into multiple file formats such as PDF, PST, EML, EMLX, etc. You can also try its free demo version to analyze its performance.
In this blog, we discussed the reasons and different solutions to migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365. A user can either choose the manual method or an advanced method according to their convenience. However, we’ve also concluded that manual methods have some limitations that make the process more difficult for the users. Therefore, users can opt for the advanced Yahoo Backup Tool to migrate from Yahoo small business to Office 365.