There may be several times when you go to sign in to Gmail, Google Docs, or any other Google site and don’t remember the email address or password that you used while creating your account. Don’t bother, Google has made it simple to recover your account information. To recover your Gmail password and gain access to Google services on your device, you will be required to verify a little information to recover your account, whether it’s your email address or the date you created your account or your verified mobile number. Gmail has become the most significant part of our lives. In case you forget your Gmail password, it becomes hard to access most of the Google services. Here are a few ways by which you can recover Gmail password of your own.
Process to recover Gmail password via the Recovery Procedure
Google uses a few different methods to verify your identity and helps you recover (or reset) your Gmail password.
- Initially, you need to click on the “forgot password” link on the Gmail sign-in page.
- It will ask you to put in the last password you can memorize.
- In case you can’t remember any earlier passwords then you have to click on “try a different question.”
- If you can remember a right password then the system will inquire you to continue recovery in a number of ways.
- Subsequently Google will send a code to a recovery email that you can check to get a 6-digit code that will let you to set up a new password and regain access to your account. Google has sent the 6-digit code to your mobile number if it’s connected to your Gmail account.
How to recover your Gmail password via security questions ?
If you click “try a different question” then Google will inquire security questions like “what’s your mother’s maiden name”, etc.
Now you can make a new password and verify it to regain access to your Gmail account again.
How to protect your Gmail account for easy recovery ?
After you’ve set up a new password, Google will inquire you to check the security settings associated with your Gmail account.
- It is significant to add a phone number and a current backup email if you don’t already have these associated with your account.
- This will allow simple recovery through a 6-digit pin delivered by email or text message next time.
- Click on the Google account settings page by clicking your profile image and then open “My Account.”
- Now click “Signing in to Google,” where you can check your recovery email and phone number again, and also notice which devices last accessed your account and from which locations.
- You can also set up a 2-factor authentication system for additional security if you are using Gmail on your smartphone.
Why should you change your Gmail password for security reasons?
It is significant to regularly change your Gmail password regularly for security reasons as well. In fact, you must routinely switch your password for security purposes. You never know when a security breach may arise or if a hacker could have compromised your account. Google recommends changing your password every couple of months to maintain security.
To guarantee your Gmail messages and account settings remain private, please change your Gmail password every few months. For beginners, google recommends to stop using the similar password for every account. In case one account gets compromised or hacked, then all of them could get hacked. It is ideal to use a distinct password of fifteen or more characters that must also include numbers and letters. In case you create an algorithm for each password so that it’s simpler to memorize. However, occasionally you may forget your password since it gets changed frequently.
If you can’t memorize your Gmail password then you will need to reset it. You can follow the above steps to reset your password and gain access to your account.In case you are unable to recover the password and would like to create a new account follow the underneath steps.
Creating new account
If you are unable to memorize any of your security details that Google inquires at the time of account recovery, like your linked recovery email, or in case the phone number linked to your account is no longer valid, then it becomes very hard to reset your password.
In such a scenario, we recommend
- Set up two-factor authentication in which your email address gets linked to a phone number which you currently use.
Investing in a good free or paid password manager will also assist you keep your passwords secure and constantly accessible. This method, you will never lose your password again and can easily recover them using the application.
- You can also use the backup code’s function and store them somewhere secure. The internet giant lets users have ten backup codes at one time. This step can be handy when you get locked out. In case you lose the codes at any point when you get new ones the old ones will be automatically wiped out for additional security.
How to recover username for Google services?
In case you don’t use your email address often or have lost your username, Google makes it very simple to recover it. Follow the steps underneath to recover your user name.
- Visit the Google sign-in page and click on the ‘Need Help’ option that is visible right below the login field.
- Subsequently click on the ‘Find my account’ option.
- Now Google will inquire you to choose your recovery email address or will inquire you to enter your recovery phone number.
- Then enter your name and tick off the box that says I am not a robot.
- Just click on the submit button.
- Finally you will receive an email or text message that will contain your username.
Hopefully you would have recovered your Gmail Password of your own.
Consult Gmail professionals for Best Guidance:
In case you are unable to recover Gmail Password, simply consult Gmail experts at Uspcsolutions. The professionals will assist you best method so as to do it easily of your own.