Obviously, the long-distance relocation will be more complex than the local one. If you are planning to interstate moving – you can definitely feel us right now. Safe and feasible packing is one of the major challenges to deal with and conquer. This task takes a lot of effort, time, and planning. But, instead of doing all the hard work yourself, why don’t you hire a reliable interstate mover? They will not just assist you in a specific segment of your interstate moving but will also guide you through with their expertise in the entire process. Right packing is as important as organizing a brand new house. So, would you like to know some clever tips to pack for interstate moving all the way from the experts? Well, read further for that.
Ways To Be Fully Ready for an Interstate Moving
The forth-given steps will help you to follow the right path for easy interstate relocation.
- The foremost step is to visit your new state. Yes, you should see where you are about to start dwelling and how is your new state, city, and household look like. We are sure that you must have seen the place before, but a thorough look around will be great before actually moving. This is going to be a big move in your life, and you should be sure that you want this with all your heart. It is great to visit the town’s visitors center to get some good recommendations, maps, and other suggestions. Do not forget to check the local hotspots of your new city physically as well as over the internet.
- Hire the best interstate movers in the state. You can feasibly do this hiring at an affordable cost by researching. All you need is to check out the cost of hiring renowned movers by visiting them or their websites. Calculate all the inclusions of the services that you will be required in this interstate moving scenario. A visit to your new state will help you decide all the services that you will need before and after your move. Based on the idea you get from the visit; you can set a specific budget for the interstate move. Your job will be easy as an owner and finding a moving company would be relatively easier for you this way.
Easy-Peasy Ways to do Packing for Interstate Moving
1. Be an Early Packer-
Well, you cannot afford to deal with that last-minute stress of packing. So, beginning early and slowly packing all the stuff for moving is the best way.
2. Don’t Skip a Moving Checklist-
From setting a timeline to listing all the movable items, there is a lot of things to add to that moving checklist. A thorough checklist will help you from the beginning to the end of the interstate moving process. You can think and write down all the aspects of the move to make it more organized by following every step mentioned.
3. Must-have Packing Supplies-
Taking out all your stuff for packing without having packaging material? Well, this is not appropriate, and you should have the right packing supplies handy before getting started. There are various items that will make this exercise easy and approachable. You will need packing tape, bubble wrap, durable boxes, fragile stickers, box cutters, scissors, ties, etc. You must avoid newspapers as the paper is not that helpful in keeping the items fully safe. Using butcher paper instead of a newspaper is a great idea and will keep your belongings much safer.
4. Declutter and Pack Wisely-
Do not waste your time by doing packing the entire day. You should firstly put out the unnecessary items before beginning with the packing. You should decide what exactly you want to keep, donate, or sell. You can sell any furniture or fixtures which will not be a great addition to your new house. Once you are done decluttering, simply set a timer for some time in a day and start packing. Make sure to pack the items from one room or from a specific category in a day. Avoid overpacking any box at all. Remember, even the largest box will be able to carry less than 50 pounds of things.
5. Opt for Smart Packing-
Every item requires a different kind of packing strategy and using that conventional method for all the belongings is a big no. Adopt the smart packing strategy and place your stuff accordingly. For instance- stop using that bubble wrap to put peanuts into, instead, you can use clothes for that. It is ideal to use that special packing wrap to keep those breakable items safe away from damage. In short, you should not put your fragile items without any protective layer while planning a long-distance move. At the same time, you need to disassemble that heavy furniture and fixtures for a convenient moving experience. Be a smart mover and pack like a pro with minimum packing supplies.
6. Insurance is a must-
You will regret not getting your expensive stuff insured before the move if some damage happens. This is not a preventive packing measure but can be helpful when things go wrong. That broken lamp will not be fixed but getting an insurance claim will give relief to your heart. This is how you will not break your bank while moving to a new house while moving interstate. So, insurance or not insurance? You decide.
Plan and execute are the two best words to define a good packing scenario. The checklist that you made should be followed properly and you must tick or mark the step which is being done. By following this path, your packing for the interstate move will be convenient. You should surely seek the assistance of a reliable interstate mover and ask them to give you some more packing tips. What are you waiting for? You are suggested to start searching and shortlisting the right moving companies in your current state to make a move to a new state.