Get the advanced solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1328 via this post.
QuickBooks comes up with lots of amazing functions and functionalities and is utilized by various business owners. But we are here to discuss error codes related to QB that appears from time to time while working on the software. At this point, we will discuss QuickBooks update error code 1328 which mainly appears while updating the QuickBooks software.
The main reason behind the occurrence of error 1328 is ‘damaged .tmp files located in config.msi.’ You should follow up on this post to get the best assistance for resolving the same issue. Let’s proceed further to learn the causes and solutions to troubleshoot the error code.
Causes Behind the Occurrence of QuickBooks Error 1328
- Because of the invalid entries in the Windows operating system.
- Due to malware or virus attacks, you might be facing QuickBooks update error 1328.
- When you don’t have a valid license of the QuickBooks software.
- The error may pop up during the installation of the QuickBooks application.
- Because of the damaged or corrupted program files.
- You may also face the error because of the network and connectivity issues.
- When you have not done a proper installation of the QuickBooks company files, this may give to an error.
Solutions for Resolving QuickBooks Error Code 1328
Here are the solutions to get rid of QuickBooks update error 1328. You are advised to apply the following solutions one after another to fix the same.
Method 1: Use Clean Installation
- The initial step is to uninstall the QuickBooks application.
- And then, perform a clean installation of the QuickBooks software. Next, choose any of the following options given below.
- The first option is to perform the QB installation process via the installation CD drive.
- Another option is to install QuickBooks from a downloaded file.
- You need to install QuickBooks from a CD.
- Finally, you have to download the QuickBooks program by using a manual guide.
Method 2: Use the Registry Repair Tool.
- Initially, you need to apply the registry repair tool to repair the damaged registry Entries associated with QB.
- After that, resolve malware infectious attacks by using a malware removal tool.
- Next, delete all the unnecessary files from the system.
- You are also suggested to uninstall all the outdated PC Device Drivers
- Choose “Undo” via Recent System Changes to restore the files.
- And then uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks software.
- Start scanning to run the Windows System File Checker.
- Finally, install the latest windows updates.
Method 3: Locating the Config.MSI File
- The first step is to choose the Start Window option and then click Explore.
- After that, double-tap on the C drive.
- Now, all your hidden files and folders will display on the screen.
- Go to the tools options and then click on the folder.
- Choose the View tab option and then click on all hidden files and folders.
- And then you need to click apply all changes.
- Choose the OK option. Now, you can access all the required files.
- For renaming the config.msi file, right-click on it.
- Add old at the end of the file name and then choose the Enter key.
- Finally, it will hide all of your files and folders.
You may also read: QuickBooks 2015 error 3371 status code 11118
Method 4 – Update/Reinstall Conflicting Programs
Use Control Panel
- For Windows 7, click the Start button, then Control Panel, then Uninstall a program
- For Windows 8, click the Start button, then scroll down and click More Settings, then Control Panel > Uninstall a program.
- For Windows 10, just type Control Panel in the search box and click on the result, then click on Uninstall a program
- Once in Programs and Features, click on the problematic program, then click Update or Uninstall.
- If you choose to update you will only have to follow the prompt to complete the process, but if you choose to uninstall you will follow the prompt to uninstall and then re-download or use the installer disc. application to reinstall the program.
Use other methods
- For Windows 7, you can find the list of all installed programs when you click Start and scroll your mouse over the list that appears on the tab. You can see on this list a utility to uninstall the program. You can uninstall using the utilities available in this tab.
- For Windows 10, you can click Start, then Settings, then Applications.
- Scroll down to see the list of apps and features installed on your computer.
- Click on the program causing the runtime error, then you can choose to uninstall or click on Advanced options to reset the application.
Method 5 – Update your virus protection program or download and install the latest Windows Update
To Sum Up
Here, we have concluded the post regarding QuickBooks Error 1328. Hopefully, the error has been resolved after applying any of the aforementioned solutions. In case, you are still confronting the same issue on your screen, call our ebetterbooks team at 1-860-215-2261.