QuickBooks Desktop Software is one of the best accounting software that helps provide support in handling small, medium, and large transactions. QuickBooks provides a wide range of services for various bank transactional modes and also helps in storing company files. In QuickBooks, it is common to see errors and one such common error is 80029c4a.
This error is seen when we try to open the QuickBooks Desktop software, or the data file is corrupted. It is a run-time error and many reasons handle causing the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a. This error shows these types of messages:
- Error loading type library/DLL
- Can’t load dynamic link library (DLL)
Reasons that cause QuickBooks error code 80029c4a
The QuickBooks company file must be damaged or corrupted.
- The difficulty in locating a file can be a reason that can cause this error.
- There might be a sort of corruption in the Windows registry.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks Desktop software may cause this error.
- A virus has corrupted the company file in QuickBooks Desktop software.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error code 80029c4a
- The Windows of your system might be slow.
- Your system may get freeze for some time.
- The active program window might get crashed.
- This error may appear during the installation of various programs.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
You can easily fix this QuickBooks error code 80029c4a by following some basic steps. You can also reach out to contact support if you don’t want any hassle on your own end. We list the basic fixes for such error below.
Step 1) Update your antivirus program
- Press right-click on the antivirus icon that you have in your system.
- Choose the update option.
- Press on the program tab and follow the steps for upgrading your system.
Step 2) Run the Reebot.bat file
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Open the folder that you want to reboot.bat file.
- Press right-click on the reboot.bat file and run it as System Administrator.
- Now run the reboot.bat file as Windows administrator.
- The window will get closed once the reebot.bat utility is completed.
- The last step is to restart your computer.
Step 3) Check whether your antivirus software is quarantined
- In some systems, the antivirus blocks QuickBooks software from opening some files.
- So, you have to check that your antivirus is quarantined.
- For this, make sure to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks desktop software. This will allow you to open the QuickBooks software company files successfully.
Step 4) Update the QuickBooks desktop software to the latest version
- Reinstall the QuickBooks desktop software again by using the clean install option.
- After updating it to the latest version, go to the file menu and click the ‘Logoff’ option.
If you open many company files in your QuickBooks desktop software, then you have to follow the given steps that are listed below.
- Press exit after clicking on the file.
- Just check that you are using your system as System Administrator.
- Also, check that there will be no company file open on the desktop screen of your system.
- Visit the help tab and check the Update QuickBooks option.
- Choose Options and mark all button and then save it.
- Click on the ‘update now’ option.
- Press the reset update option and then choose the get updates option.
- Once the update is completed a pop-up will come up that shows the update successfully.
- Now restart the QuickBooks desktop software.
- If you get an update option, then press yes.
- After completion of the update, restart your system.
Step 5) Repair Windows on the QuickBooks desktop software
- Close the QuickBooks software desktop.
- Open the ‘control panel’ on your system.
- Select the option of ‘Uninstall or Change program’.
- Choose QuickBooks from the list displayed on the screen.
- Now select the change/uninstall a program option.
- Click next and choose the repair radio option and then again press next.
- Now select the repair radio button that is displayed at the bottom.
- After repairing, press on the finish.
After following these steps, the QuickBooks desktop software gets repaired.
- Now restart your system if needed.
- Also, open the QuickBooks Desktop software to check if the software runs properly without any errors.
Step 6) Use the Windows system file checker tool
- Click on Search and type the command in the search menu.
- Press Ctrl+Shift keys together, by hitting the enter button.
- Now a permission dialog box will appear on the screen, and there you have to click yes.
- Now enter SFC/Scannow option and press Enter button.
- Wait for some time till the ‘system file checker’ checks for the error code.
- When the process is complete, follow the instructions displayed on the screen and use them in fixing the error code.
Step 7) Perform clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop Software
- Gather all the information for the QuickBooks product you own.
- Now download the recommended version of QuickBooks desktop software.
- Note the license number, product year, and version.
- Uninstall the QuickBooks desktop software.
- After installation, open the control panel in your system.
- Go to the ‘Uninstall a program’ option.
- Select the version of QuickBooks from the list.
- Choose Uninstall/change and remove options.
- Click next and work with all the information displayed on the screen.
- Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop software and you are ready to work on it.
Step 8) Update the security software
- Update the antivirus or the security software to
- the latest version.
- Add necessary programs as per the manual.
- Reopen the QuickBooks Desktop software again.
The first thing you have to detect is the cause of this error 80029c4a and then you have to find the proper fix for the QuickBooks desktop error. You can use any of the above-mentioned steps for fixing the QuickBooks error 80029c4a and can make your system error-free. But, if you are not able to resolve this error on your end, then the best solution is to reach out to the QuickBooks enterprise error support team through the helpline i.e., +1-800-615-2347.