Whether you’re looking for a clear skin tone and tired of hyperpigmentation or whatever skin issue you have, hydrafacial is your go-to treatment. Why? Because this is one of the quickest cosmetic procedures that’s non-invasive and effective. It addresses a wide range of skin issues and gives quick results. It’s no wonder it’s one of the most popular skincare therapies that people around the world get after every 15 seconds, according to credible sources.
You get incredible results when you adhere to hydrafacial before and aftercare instructions. What are these? Before we look at them, we would like first to explain how this treatment works and what it is for the sake of those who’re of this trending therapy.
What is Hydrafacial?
It is a cosmetic facial treatment packed with a myriad of benefits. It’s a non-invasive skin resurfacing therapy that works by combining several processes that include cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, hydration, and serum application. The essence of these procedures is to deeply remove the dead skin cells and impurities from the skin and infuse moisturizing serums into the skin.
Steps of Hydrafacial Treatment
Although Hydrafacial goes through several processes, it’s a quick procedure that may take less than thirty minutes.
As our skin cells keep drying, this results in skin shedding. But exfoliation, which is the first process of Hydrafacial, helps your skin feel fresh and revitalized. An esthetician sweeps the dead skin cells using a deplaning tool which opens up the pores and increases skin hydration. It’s a process that results in a clear, brighter complexion after sloughing off of the dead cells.
When some people hear the mention of peeling, this may change their mind from having this treatment. They could be relating it to pain, stinging, or burning sensation. But this is nothing like this. These are things that used to happen decades ago. Hydrafacial utilizes a non-irritant mix of salicylic and glycolic acid, and the peel hydrates the skin with this solution. It deeply penetrates the pores and loosens debris from deep inside your pores. And this leaves your skin feeling soft and refreshed.
Your aesthetician will use a wand for this procedure. And using this vacuum-like device sucks all the gunk out of the clogged pores. Since the debris inside your pores is now lost from the acid peel, this becomes easier. Your practitioner may choose a specific strength of suction to suit your pores.
Infusion of serum is the last step in the Hydrafacial process as it ties all the treatments together. During this process, there will be the application of collagen and an antioxidant serum that will promote hydration and elasticity. Collagen plays a significant role in rejuvenating the skin. It helps to diminish fine lines, the appearance of wrinkles, uneven skin tones, hyperpigmentation, and sun damage.
Hydrafacial Before And Aftercare Instructions
As you decide to go for Hydrafacial treatment, you must prepare accordingly for this excellent skin therapy. Following the following Hydrafacial before and aftercare instructions will help you get the best out of your treatment:
Hydrafacial Pre-Care Instructions
- Two days before your treatment, please try to avoid any exfoliants.
- Don’t use any depilatories or wax for at least 48 hours before starting Hydrafacial therapy.
- Two weeks before starting your therapy, avoid using any chemical peels.
- If fillers or Botox are in your program, skip them or wait two weeks after having Hydrafacial treatment.
- If you use Tretinoin products such as Renova, Retin A, or Hydroquinone cream, discontinue using them at least two days before your Hydrafacial treatment.
- If you have acne and you’ve been taking over-the-counter medications such as benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, discontinue using them 48 hours before you go for your facial.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure, including tanning beds for at least 72 hours before Hydrafacial.
- Inform your caregiver if you have a cold sore or open lesion in the area of treatment.
- Don’t shave your face on your treatment day.
Hydrafacial Post-Care Instructions
- Also, you’ll find a few similar Hydrafacial before and aftercare instructions, such as avoiding excess sun exposure. What are the other rules to follow?
- Do not use any exfoliation to your treated area for the first 48 hours after your treatment.
- Your treated area should stay clean, and you should avoid the heat of any source that might produce sweating for 24 hours. That includes cardio workouts, hot showers, and saunas.
- Do not cleanse your face until the next day using recommended products from your derma, if any.
- Discontinue using Retin-A at least two days after Hydrafacial.
- Exposure to direct sun can damage your treated face. So, try to protect your skin with sunscreen with over 30 SPF.
- Avoid the tanning beds three days after your therapy.
- It’s safe to apply makeup immediately after your Hydrafacial treatment. That’s why many people use this facial therapy before a big event. Since it gives excellent results, it’s optional to apply makeup.
And if you can also discuss the ideal regimen to use after this treatment with your doctor. He will enlighten you on how Hydrafacial before and aftercare Instructions help to boost your treatment.
Benefits of Hydrafacial Treatment
- It has no downtime
- It’s fast
- It suits all skins types
- It’s customizable
- It provides instant results
- Provides consistent results
- Has no side effects
- Addresses a variety of skin issues
Hydrafacial is a treatment worth investing in, and everyone deserves to have a gorgeous appearance. It’s a quick, painless, safe, and effective facial therapy that suits almost all skin types. It also has no downtime, which means that you can have it before a special event. But to enjoy Hydrafacial results, you would need to follow Hydrafacial before and aftercare instructions above.