Canon printer offline error happens when the printer isn’t able to receive print commands from the computer. The most common causes for this issue are explained in the following paragraphs:
- Problem with default settings: Wrong default Canon printer offline settings might be the cause for why your Canon printer is offline. This is why you should ensure that your printer has been set as the default printer.
- Error in the printer spooler: A technical glitch in the printer spooler could be the reason behind this offline issue.
- Inappropriate feeding of paper: The jamming of the sheets of paper in Canon printers Canon Printer is one frequent reason for which you might encounter an Offline error So, make sure that the paper is correctly placed in the Machine.
- Problems issues with issues with USB: A poor connection between the printer USB and computer because of a loose wire can cause an “Offline” error Also, ensure you connect the computer and printer is done correctly.
- Caused by an error in connection: Improper connecting or not having a connection with the the Wifi router could break connections between the printer and wi-fi router.
These are the reasons why Canon printers say offline. In the next part, we will look at the most effective way to solve the “Canon printer keeps going offline” Windows 10 computer and Mac machine.
What’s the problem with my Canon printer not working in Windows 10?
How do I fix Canon Printer that is showing Errors in Windows 10
First, let’s look at the connection issue that might result in a in Windows 10 . Make sure that the printer is getting power in a proper manner and is connected to your PC either via using the USB cable or via an wireless network.
Look for Canon “Printer Set as default’ settings Because of the incorrect settings on your computer. the Canon may display an offline errors So, you should examine for your Windows 10 settings and make sure that your printer has been chosen to be”Default Printer” “Default printing device”.
Use these instructions to set up to default the Canon printer
- Start ‘Control Panel’ using the search bar in Windows and select the “Devices and Printers option.
- Once your printer has been selected as the default printer you will see an Green checkmark on it.
Disabled “Use Printer Offline” Situation:Follow the given steps to ensure the Canon printer is not prone to Canon Printer Offline issues.
- The first step is to start your printer again and then launch the run box using the Windows the search box. Then, open the control panel and choose the ‘Device and Printers’.
- After that, your new Canon printer will appear on the screen.
- If your printer is displayed having a green check mark and you want to right-click on the icon for your printer and choose the option ‘See what’s printing If, however, you see your printer as grey then right-click on it and choose ‘Set to be the default printer’. Check out the picture below.
- The final step is to click on the printer icon and, when you see two check marks next to the options of ‘use Canon printer offline or stop printing lexmark printer troubleshooting them in order to get your printer operational from offline mode.
Check that the Canon not working
Make sure that the Canon printers ‘ spooler server is on. If it’s turned off, you Windows 10 system will show “my Canon printer is offline” error.
- Click on The Window search bar, and then click the “Run” dialog box. After that, type ‘services.msc” and press Enter.
- In the ‘properties window, select the ‘printer spooler choice from the menu. Once you have it, ensure that the status of the spooler is running. If the status isn’t running then right-click to the printer’s Spooler, and select the Start option.
- If you’d like to start the printer spooler, just click the Printer Spooler option’ and then choose the “Restart.
- Close the window “Properties” and verify for the state of your printer. The printer should now be in “online” mode.
If you follow these steps, you’ll be able fix your Canon printer goes offline when using Windows 10′ error.