After certain intervals, QuickBooks releases updates for the application and its other components. It is to keep up with the smooth functioning of the entire software and provide users with a hassle-free experience. However, at times, even while updating, users come up with various technical issues, such as the ‘This Company File needs to be updated’ trigger message. The problem arises when your company files have been outdated. Thus, to successfully get through this error, you must update it. Check out this blog and acquire info about the matter.
Have you been troubled by the company file update error in QB? Connect with our technical expert’s team for immediate guidance through Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
Points to Note Down Before Performing the QuickBooks Company File Update Method
There are certain crucial points that you must consider before updating your company file. If you do not follow them, then you might not be able to retrieve your essential data after the update. Refer to the point thoroughly-
- You must use your admin user credentials to sign in to the QuickBooks Desktop.
- The process must be performed on the host computer. In case it is saved in another workstation, copy it to the server and then move it back to the workstation after updating.
- Not a single user in the network can have access to the company file while it is in the update process.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working
A Detailed Guide For Completely and Appropriately Updating the QuickBooks Desktop Company File
Have you been receiving the message to update your QB data file, but you do not know how to do it? Don’t worry! We have explained the complete process in this section of the blog. Check it out and follow the steps appropriately-
- Begin the process by going to the ‘File’ menu in the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Under the tab, you must choose the ‘Open or Restore Company’ option.
- Now, you will see two options, which are ‘Open a Company File’ and the other, “Restore a Backup Copy’. You are required to choose anyone.
- The next step involves browsing the data file to open it.
- So, when you find the company file, hit the ‘Open’ option.
- Next, if you are using the QB account as admin, then a message will be displayed asking you to give the credentials of the admin account.
- Now, using these credentials, go to your data file.
- After the screen prompts the following message, “QuickBooks Needs to Update your Company File’, click on the ‘Update Now’ button.
- Once you hit ‘Update Now’, automatically, a backup of your company file will be created.
- In case you want to change the location of the backup data file, you can do so with the help of the ‘Change this Default Location’ option.
- Finish the process by hitting the ‘Done’ button.
We have tried our best to explain to you each step of updating the data file so that the next time you receive the ‘This Company File Needs to be Updated’ error message; you do not have to face any difficulties. For any further queries related to the issue, contact one of the experts at 1.855.738.2891.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 1334