Accuracy is crucial in all language services, but it’s especially important in legal translation Dubai services. If you make an error in a legal translation, you could cause severe damage to your client’s case and even find yourself held liable for that mistake in court.
The good news is that there are specific tips and tricks you can follow to ensure that your legal translations are accurate and error-free so your client can win the case and you don’t face any negative consequences from your mistakes.
For more information on how to ensure accuracy in your legal translation Dubai, read the article completely.
What is a legal translation?
A legal translation Dubai is made from texts containing specific language and material used within the legal system. While regular translations can be made from any written text, legal translations are limited to certain types of content for use in the legal world.
This includes court orders, transcripts, or official documents. For example, it is illegal to translate a standard marital separation agreement into French for use with a divorced couple. However, it would be completely acceptable to translate this same document into Spanish or English for another client who does not speak the language fluently.
Who needs a good translator?
The translation is part of everyday life. It happens when we pick up the phone to call someone, read our email, or order food at a restaurant. But what are some things you might not know about legal translation?
Translators who work with legal content need not only be versed in two languages but also understand the nuances and details that go into legal writing and language. This requires a background in law or an affinity for logic and reasoning. This area of specialization requires more than just being bilingual;
For legal translation Dubai you should hire a professional who knows the dialects and differences between the two languages.
How many translators do you need for legal translation Dubai?
Each project is unique and will require a custom approach. Here are some general guidelines for the number of translators you might need for a project:
- Projects typically have word counts between 5,000 and 10,000 words.
- Projects consisting primarily of relatively straightforward material can often be translated by two to three translators. Word counts for these projects range from 1,500 to 5,000 words.
- Projects containing some sensitive information should be translated by at least four translators to offer redundancy with the translation process and maximize comprehension on behalf of the intended audience.
Quality measures in legal translation Dubai
Legal translation services must be the most accurate type of translation because they are subject to extreme scrutiny. Plus, legal translators work closely with attorneys, who may request and scrutinize an accuracy rate as high as 95%.
However, this doesn’t mean that there is a set percentage on a lower level for regular translations. With that said, there’s no doubt that getting accurate results is more difficult for legal translations than it is for regular ones. This means a higher cost because it takes more time and effort to do the same amount of work and have the same quality result.
What are the most common mistakes lawyers make when hiring a translator?
When hiring a translator for legal translation Dubai some important things you should keep in mind.
- Communicate early and often with your translator to avoid any misunderstandings later on.
- Make sure to double-check your translations before using them in public or sending them to an important client or business partner.
- Be mindful of cultural differences when dealing with international translators, as these can sometimes be the cause of mistakes that are hard to detect at first glance.
- Ask questions and inquire about specific terminology.
- Remember that translations will never replace a skilled lawyer’s knowledge of the law.
Read also: 7 Undeniable Benefits Of Watching Musicals
Final Thoughts about Legal Translation Dubai
It’s important to do some research and decide which type of translation service is best for your needs.
For example, I suggest you 4M Translation Dubai, they are really good and highly professional. I have a personal experience with them, about my business legal matters and other translations.
Freelance translators might not have access to terms used in contract law while full-time legal translators would need time to get up to speed on anything outside their specialization (which should already be specified).
To conclude, when hiring a translator keep in mind that accuracy matters most, as well as understanding where they come from culturally so they can provide the right nuance and tone during their work.