Grab your keys, wallet, and n95 mask. Face masks are essential for people who are visiting public places with others. Because of the limited supply and increased demand, people are turning to industrial personal protective equipment (PPE), particularly the disposable N95 respirator. The respirator protects the wearer and others against environmental contamination better than most ear-loops masks. When worn correctly, disposable respirators can offer a complete head-to-face seal. The respirators have two straps that can be worn around the neck and back to keep it in place. They have been tested and certified.
This “new to you” industrial PPE should be easy to use for general consumers as well as healthcare professionals and emergency responders. The N95 disposable cup molded-cup respirator provides protection that meets many standards when worn correctly. If you don’t take care when you put on the respirator, you could cause injury or break the straps. It is important to know that not all and Kn95 masks are the same. Each mask comes with its own instructions. They should be used correctly. N95 respirators, which are tight fitting respirators, remove at least 95% the particles from the air. Particle sizes vary widely and N95 respirators can filter out harmful particles +. These are the steps to follow when using the N95 mask.
N95 Mask : Importance
The N95 and KN95 mask has the most significant benefit of filtering out ninety percent of the airborne particulates. The masks are made from several layers of synthetic fibrous material and can be worn close to your nose and mouth. The masks can be worn in this way to filter out 98% of the airborne particles that could carry the virus. This device is essential because secondary infections are common in people with respiratory problems. These infections can be spread on the skin or hands. Although these infections aren’t considered life-threatening, they can lead to serious complications.
What to Wear?
- Start by holding the respirator in one hand, with the straps facing towards the ground.
- Next, place your respirator under the chin with the nose piece facing inwards.
- Wrap the lower neck strap under your ears. The respirator should be held in one hand. Next, place the respirator on your forehead. Wrap the upper strap around your crown.
- Place your hands on each side of the respirator and adjust its position by moving your fingers up, down, or left.
- You can seal the nose clip by placing it on your cheeks and bridge.
- To ensure a perfect fit, perform a user seal test
- Place both your fingers on the respirator.
- Inhale quickly. Your respirator should feel positive pressure.
- If you feel that there is not enough air in your lungs, adjust the respirator by:
- Apply additional pressure to the nose clip to seal it.
- Adjust the position of your head respirator; or
- Position the head strap.
Hold the N95 in your dominant hand to remove it. You can then keep the respirator on your head. Next, cross the bottom strap over your head. You can now lift the mask while you hold the respirator in your other hand.
This information is not intended to cover all N95 respirators, but it will help you understand how to use the disposable N95 molded cup respirator.