.QuickBooks is a noted accounting tool to help businesses in digital bookkeeping and other financial reporting and broadcasts. It is a product of heavy human coding and technology, and needless to say, it is ever-evolving from bugs and errors. Usually, the issues are non-severe and easy to resolve. However, they could be tricky and dangerous when they hit the company file. There are several questions regarding one such problem- QuickBooks Error 193. This is a less common error that appears during several operations like opening the company file, switching to multi-user mode, or trying to run QuickBooks database server manager to host the company file. This blog will explain the reasons behind the error’s occurrence and state solutions to fix them quickly.
When it comes to QuickBooks Error 193, it is better to consult a professional opinion as it is a sensitive bug that could severely impact your file data. Call on our 1-855-856-0042 and get an immediate solution from expert QuickBooks ProAdvisors
What is QuickBooks Desktop Error 193?
The error message code 193 in QuickBooks reads “Services: Windows could not start the QuickBooksDBXX service on Local Computer. Error 193:0xc1”. It generally occurs when the user tries to open the company file within QuickBooks. The reading or writing rights over the file fail to comply with the command and, as a result, pops up the error warning on the screen.
Some Possible Symptoms of Error 193 in QuickBooks
QuickBooks company file error 193 has many symptoms through which you can recognize the problem and find the right solution. Below are listed some of them.
- The computer system repeatedly crashes with the error message.
- The windows run very slowly.
- Windows don’t follow up with the commands from the user’s end.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 80070057
What are the reasons behind the error 193 the parameter is incorrect?
Before skipping to the solutions, it is essential to understand the causes that generate the QuickBooks Error 193 while opening the company file. Below is given a list of the possible stimulations that give rise to the problem. Try each solution and move to the next one if the error is not eradicated.
- The extension of the company file is changed.
- QuickBooks didn’t install properly on the system.
- The company file is stored in an external storage device.
- System’s firewall is preventing the communication of QuickBooks with the company file.
- The user is trying to open the company file out of QuickBooks.
- There is some damage to the company file due to a virus or malware breach.
What are the solutions for the QuickBooks Error 193?
QuickBooks Error 193:0xc1 can be solved easily by following a bunch of instructions mentioned below. However, make sure to install the latest updates launched by Microsoft for your Windows operating system before you try to troubleshoot the error using the solutions mentioned below.
Solution- 1: Open the QuickBooks Desktop and the Company File Correctly
- There’s a chance you might be opening your company file incorrectly.
- Open the QB Desktop application and click on the company file.
- Click on Open.
- Also make sure you are following all these steps after running QuickBooks as an administrator.
- If not, follow the next solution.
Solution- 2: Launch QuickBooks Desktop and the Company File as an Administrator
- Close the QB Desktop application and right-click on its icon on the desktop.
- Choose Run as administrator and if the data file doesn’t open, select the company file and click on Open.
Solution- 3: Move the Company File to a Location where it can Easily be Accessed
- Close the QB Desktop application and go to the company file folder.
- Right-click on the .QBW file and choose the Copy option.
- Go to the C:/ Drive and under the Users, enter the Public folder.
- Click on the Public Documents folder and look for the Intuit folder.
- Under QuickBooks, go to the Company Files folder and paste the file there.
- Now open QuickBooks again and click on the Find a company file option.
- Choose Local Drives and search for the company file name.
- Choose the correct file and click on Open.
Solution- 4: Utilize the File Doctor Tool Offered by Intuit to Fix Error 193
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- Open it and click on Company File Issues.
- Choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor and click on your company file under the drop-down menu.
- Click on the option that says Check your file and select Continue
- Enter the admin password and click on Next.
- After the scan finishes, open your company file.
You may also read: How resolve QuickBooks Not Opening
Solution- 5: Launch QuickBooks Database Server Manager to Properly Connect to the Company File
- Close QuickBooks and go to the company file folder.
- Search for the .ND (Network Data) file of the company file.
- Rename the file by right-clicking on it and add .old to its extension.
- If you use QuickBooks in Multi-user mode, go to the Tool Hub.
- Click on the option that says Network Issues and choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Select the Start Scan option if the company file folder is displayed on the menu.
- If not, browse to its location and then click on Start Scan.
- After the scan is finished, click on Close.
Solution- 6: Start QuickBooks Database Service and take a Proper Backup of the Company File
- Open the Run window and type services.msc on the search bar.
- Press Enter, and from the list, look for QuickBooksDBXX service and start it.
Important- After repairing your company file, create a backup of the file to safeguard your file. Steps to create backup your data file manually are given below.
- Open the program named QuickBooks and select the File menu.
- Choose Switch to Single-user Mode and head back to the File menu.
- Click on Back up Company and select Create Local Backup.
- Click on Local Backup and choose Next.
- In the next section, click on Browse and choose the folder to save your backup file.
- Click on OK and choose Save it Now and then Next.
- When the Backup is done, you will get a confirmation on the same.
- After that, check if there are any QB Desktop updates pending. If you see some of them in front of your screen, download them right away.
At this point, we would like to conclude this blog on the troubleshooting methods for QuickBooks Error 193. We hope that the given steps help you in overcoming the error within no time. However, some instances, it has been seen that even after implementing all above-mentioned experts’ suggested solutions, QuickBooks error 193 sticks to the QB program and this happens when the error has already done damage to a large extent. If this is also the case with you and you are still getting error 193 while opening QuickBooks or launching the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, we will suggest you reach the QuickBooks support team at 1-855-856-0042. The experts at the QuickBooks support team are well versed with QuickBooks troubleshooting knowledge and can help you instantly rectify the issue without much trouble.