Looking for a solution to extract attachments from Outlook emails? then, you landed on the right platform. Outlook is one of the most popular choices among users since it provides a wide range of enticing features for corporate communication. It is primarily utilized by both small and large organizations to manage daily job chores in a smooth manner. Users can attach an unlimited number of files to an email message, regardless of file format.
When there are multiple emails with multiple attachments, extracting Outlook attachments to a folder becomes a critical chore. Because manual extraction is not a viable option, customers must rely on a suitable solution. We’ve compiled the most effective and best methods for downloading Outlook attachments in a hassle-free manner in this article.
Manual Procedure to Extract Attachment from Outlook Emails
All attachments from a single Outlook email can be extracted and saved using Microsoft Outlook. The steps to save multiple attachments from Outlook are outlined here. However, this technique only allows you to remove attachments from Outlook emails one at a time or from a single email
- First thing first, launch the Outlook application & open one particular email that comprises multiple attachments.
- After this, select and hit right-click on attachment. Select the Save all attachments option.
- At last, hit the OK button and browse a destination for extracted attachments, and after all this click OK.
#2 Use Rule to Extract Attachments from Outlook Emails to Folder
- Launch VBA IDE in Microsoft Outlook via pressing ALT+F11 keys to extract attachments from multiple Outlook emails.
- On the left side of the screen, expand the screen until you get the modules section and enter the following code in the Modules section.
- Then, paste the following script in the main VBA Window.
- To extract attachments from many emails in Outlook 2016, close the VBA IDE Window.
- Now, you need to create a rule that will call this script.Click Tools >> Rules and notifications >> New rule to do so.
- In the new wizard, click on check messages when they arrive to resolve how to extract attachments from Outlook emails in multiple emails.
- You can specify the criteria the messages must adhere to. Use specific words in the message header and .txt option to search the string text files only.
- Select Run a Script and then click Script.
Expert Approach to Extract Attachment from Outlook Emails
SysTools brings the best, most efficient, and expert-recommended Outlook Attachment Extractor, it helps you to extract attachments from Outlook emails in a hassle-free way. The best part of the software is that it allows users not only to extract attachments from the PST file but also from the BAK, OST, OLK, OLM, and MSG files. Moreover, it overcomes the main drawback of the manual procedure of extracting attachments from PST files one by one. You can extract attachments in bulk by using this software.
Simple Steps to Extract Attachment from Outlook by Using Automated Solution
- Run PST Attachment Extractor and Add PST file.
- Choose the relevant folder hierarchy option.
- Set attachment filter: File Type, Date-range & Size.
- To begin extracting attachments from PST, click Extract.
Attachment Extractor Wizard Prominent Features
- Developed to extract attachments from Outlook files such as PST, MSG, OST, OLK, OLM, and BAK files.
- Using Add file (s) & Add folder, you can add individual or multiple Outlook data files.
- Option to extract attachments from chosen folders or all folders is made easier.
- The ability to retrieve attachments from certain Outlook mailbox items is available.
- Use the date filter option to selectively store attachments from Outlook.
- Offer option to extract attachments from Outlook emails by specifying the file size.
- Outlook attachments can be included or excluded based on their file type.
- To save removed attachments, you can use a variety of naming conventions.
- All versions of Outlook and the Windows operating system are supported.
In this technical write-up, we have discussed the best solution to extract attachments from Outlook emails. We compare manual and automated procedures, but the manual procedure contains some drawbacks as you can only extract a single attachment one time at once. But the automated solution overcomes all the drawbacks of manual procedure. So, we suggest you go with the automated solution in a hassle-free way.