By utilizing cutting-edge encryption algorithms, Intuit Data Protect is a solution designed to keep your financial information secure. It works with QuickBooks 2016 and subsequent versions and protects your data from loss, damage, and corruption. By transferring and storing your data in secure containers, encryption is a cutting-edge method of keeping information secure. Using the Data Protect backup tool, you can easily back up your data online while protecting it from any threats. The utility functions largely without any issues; however, occasionally, you could experience an error indicating that Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed. This error can be disheartening and is typically brought on by problems with the Windows firewall or network connectivity. In the event that you receive the error message, you won’t be able to back up your important company data and files. In this article, we’ll examine in-depth the potential causes of the mistake and go over several solutions for fixing it, so you must go through it until you get to the end.
When attempting to back up your QuickBooks data, have you encountered the Intuit Data Protect has stopped operating issue and been unable to fix it yourself? To speak with one of our knowledgeable and accredited QuickBooks specialists, call us at 1-855-856-0042.
Reasons why Intuit Data Protect cannot be used for backups
The IDP backup process might be terminated for a variety of causes. We’ll examine the potential causes of why you can’t use Intuit Data Protect to back up in great detail. These are provided for you below:-
- If your QuickBooks Desktop application or IDP hasn’t been updated in a very long period, you can experience problems.
- Intuit Data Protect may restrict its internet connection if Windows firewall settings conflict with them.
- The Intuit Data Protect has Stopped Working issue may be caused by the IDP address not being added as a trusted website in the browser’s settings.
- The problem could arise if you don’t name the Company file appropriately according to the regulations. The file name shouldn’t be longer than 65 characters, and there shouldn’t be any blank spaces at the conclusion of the name.
- If the Company file is now open on one of the workstations, you won’t be able to back up your file and will receive the error.
- There could be problems with IDP backup if IBuEngHost.exe is not functioning on the admin user system.
- There may be problems with backups if Windows doesn’t use the NTFS files.
- The Intuit Data Protect service will not function if you submit the wrong IDP login information.
Knowing these causes might help you identify the most likely causes of the problem you are experiencing in your system. By doing so, you can reduce the number of approaches you need to try to fix the problem.
Recommended to read: Easy way to resolve QuickBooks Error 1612
There are several scenarios where the problem with Intuit Online Backup can occur.
IDP also referred to as Intuit Data Protect, is used to back up QuickBooks data on Intuit servers. Several issues can cause Intuit Online Backup to stop working. the following have been mentioned:-
- The IDP icon on the Windows taskbar might not be there.
- The Intuit Data Protect backup that is scheduled malfunctions.
- When using IDP for backing up, Error 305 could show up.
- The IDP backup is unsuccessful due to firewall or internet problems.
These are some circumstances in which Intuit Data Protect may display a problem. It might also happen in a number of other ways. Let’s look at the troubleshooting techniques now that we are aware of the different errors that Intuit Data Protect may encounter when backing up your data.
How to Fix the Problem with Intuit Backup?
The problems with Intuit Backup can be fixed in a number of ways. Understanding the error’s root cause can help you identify the appropriate solution quickly. To fix the issue, follow the directions of the procedures listed below:-
Setting up Windows Firewall to allow IDP
Intuit Data Protect connection to the internet may be blocked if your Windows Firewall is not set up properly. This may lead to the error “Intuit Data Protect has Stopped Working.” To properly configure it, adhere to the procedures below:-
- Start by typing Firewall into the Start menu.
- Now, click on the Windows Firewall link in the search result.
- Click Allow another app after selecting the option to Allow an app over Windows Firewall.
- Click the Browse button to get to the location Program Files(x86) Common Files Intuit Data Protect.
- From the list of alternatives, choose QBIDPsevice.exe, then click Open.
- After selecting Network types, click the Private option.
- Select IBUengHost.exe from the list of files by clicking the Add button.
- Click Open, then repeat the steps from clicking Network types.
- The firewall must also have Intuit Data Protect added as a trusted website after you’ve added essential files to it. Follow these actions right away:
- Click on the windows Start button and then Search for Internet choices.
- Click on Trusted sites under the Security heading.
- Click on Sites and complete each of the fields shown below.
- com, Intuit.net, Backup.com, Intuit.net, Intuit.net, Intuitdataprotect.com, Workplace.intuit.com, and Emerald.backup.com
- Following every website, click the “Add” button.
- You need to make sure the box that says Require server verification (HTTPS:) for all sites in this zone is not checked.
- Press Close before selecting Ok.
To resolve the IDP Suddenly Stops Working issue, make the IDP icon visible.
You must take certain actions if you cannot see the IDP icon and are experiencing an IDP issue where it abruptly stops working. Install the most recent update for Intuit Data Protect on the taskbar after downloading it with the below-mentioned steps:-
- Open your QuickBooks application and select the ‘Help’ menu. Then, select the ‘Update QuickBooks’ option.
- Now, choose the option for Data Protect from the Update Now menu.
- Select Get Updates from the menu.
- On your toolbar, click the up arrow () symbol (it is located in the lower-right corner).
- Click the Intuit Data Protect icon and choose About Intuit Data Protect from the context menu.
- Click the Update button, and after the update is complete, click Ok.
By means of the Intuit Data Protect Diagnostic Tool
A unique tool created by Intuit to address issues like “Intuit Data Protect has Stopped Working” is the IDP Diagnostic Tool. To identify and address problems, it checks the RAM and related components of the computer, and to do so:-
- On your desktop or taskbar, right-click the Intuit Data Protect icon.
- Press Ctrl + F2 while selecting the About Intuit Data Protect option.
- Now to start the scan, click on the Run Diagnostics option.
- If anything is discovered, an error prompt will display that can be handled appropriately.
To effectively fix the error when Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed and to make room in IDP, you should also update your Intuit Data Protect as well as the QuickBooks program. You should be able to quickly fix the “Intuit Data Protect has ceased working” error by using the procedures listed above. You should be able to solve any other IDP-related problems using these techniques. When using these techniques, phone us at 1-855-856-0042 if you run into any problems. We’ll be pleased to assist you in fixing the issue with the assistance of our qualified and experienced specialists.