How to use PayPal in India step by step in 2022 is an online payment system operated by an American multinational corporation. It is a financial technology company that operates in many countries that use online money transfers. It is an electronic alternative to paper methods such as checks and money orders. The company processes payments and collects fees from businesses. Now we want to talk about how to use PayPal in India.
PayPal India has stopped its domestic payment transactions and now only serves businesses for international transactions. Individual use of PayPal or domestic sales to specialized products for international sales is closed for Indian businesses.
How to Open a PayPal Account in India
We will explore how to open a PayPal account in India. This is if you register:
- Personal use for shopping on the site
- As a freelancer
- or as a business
- Your PayPal account will be open.
The following is a detailed explanation of how to open a PayPal account:
- On the PayPal website, click the Sign-Up button in the upper right corner
- Choose between opening an individual account or a business account based on your needs
Select Open an individual account and then:
- Click Next
- Verify your India-based mobile number
- Follow the steps to open your account
To open a business account, select:
- Click Next
- From the drop-down menu, choose how you want to be paid and enter your annual sales volume. PayPal
- offers the best way to get it that suits your business.
- Click Next to continue
Enter your desired email address in the user account. Check your email inbox for a confirmation email from PayPal with the link provided.
Next, you need to enter your business details, including your business PAN details:
- Go through the steps and complete the KYC questions to unlock your account. Double-check that your
- business bank account has the same PAN number that you use to open your PayPal account.
- You must link your debit or credit card or bank account to your PayPal account:
- To start using your account to pay vendors or suppliers
- or receiving payment from customers
- People can go to their debit or credit card payment methods and then link the debit or credit card.
- Businesses should go to Payment Methods and then link their bank account.
It is very important that you open your PayPal account by verifying your card or bank account.
How to Use PayPal India to Pay Someone
If you want to use PayPal as an individual in India, you cannot send money to friends, family or customers. The PayPal Wallet feature is not available for personal use in India.
What you can do with PayPal is to shop with PayPal – merchants worldwide for products and services through the PayPal Shopping Center.
To make a purchase from a PayPal merchant or seller, you must link your PayPal account to a debit or credit card or your bank account. PayPal does not allow the uploading of digital wallets to its system in India.
Your debit or credit card can be linked to a payment method on your dashboard. This can be done after signing up for PayPal and clicking on the debit or credit card link and entering your card details.
Your card information must be verified to continue.
If your business is registered, sending money becomes possible and easy. Here are two ways to send money to someone via PayPal.
The Send button in the PayPal app can be used to send money with a person’s name, phone number, or email address.
On the PayPal website, you can go to send and request and pay for goods and services
Money can be sent abroad through the Send and Request tab on the dashboard.
Is a Bank Account Required for PayPal India?
You do not need a bank account to make personal purchases on PayPal. A valid credit or debit card is required.
As a business, a bank account is required to use your PayPal business account.
With PayPal, daily withdrawals from your PayPal balance to your bank account are mandatory, so they must be linked to your bank account for operations.
Is it possible to use PayPal India without a card?
To use Paypal without a card, you can link your Indian bank account to your account.
This can be done on the Payment Method tab on your dashboard.
Businesses can pay to their PayPal account. It is withdrawn daily from your local bank account. Your bank account can also be linked through PayPal for overseas customer and supplier payments.
Opening and maintaining a PayPal account is free.
You can also check: Paypal in Afghanistan