Looking for the solution to remove duplicate emails from PST files? Because you are facing problems due to duplicate files, then you are on the right page. Here in this blog, we are going to discuss some of the best techniques to get rid of duplicates from Outlook PST files.
Well, we know that Outlook is the most popular and secure email client hence, a large number of users use Microsoft Outlook on a daily basis. And due to daily uses, they face the problem of the continuous creation of junk data files like duplicate emails, calendars entries, contacts, etc.
Moreover, duplicate files in PST create various consequences like slowing down the system performance, freezing or logging of Outlook programs, and storage issues. And sometimes due to oversizing of the PST file, there is a high chance of PST file corruption. So it is very important to remove duplicates from PST files. But before starting the blog let’s see the reasons for duplicates in Outlook PST.
Reasons Why Duplicate Emails Generate in PST File
As we mentioned above, you may face several consequences due to duplicate PST files in Outlook. Therefore, in this section, we are going to discuss what are the causes of duplicate files in Outlook programs and why it is important to remove duplicates from PST files?
- Receiving same spam emails in Outlook from different companies, some of the companies repeatedly send the same newsletter pt emails which creates a duplicate inbox.
- If the user enables the option to leave a message on the server then Outlook automatically generates multiple replicas of the same emails.
- Continuous synchronization of Outlook emails with multiple devices like tablet, laptops, etc.
- Third-party antivirus program also creates duplicate emails in the Outlook PST file.
How to Remove Duplicate Emails from PST Files?
There are several methods to remove duplicates from the Outlook PST file. Some best ones are listed below. So, you can opt for any method as per your requirement.
Method #1: Remove Duplicate from Using/Export Wizard
Users can remove duplicates from the Outlook PST file by using the Import/Export feature. So, follow the listed below steps to complete the process.
- First, open Outlook and click on File option >> Open & Export >> Import/Export option.
- Now, select import from another program or file from Import/Export Wizard >> Next.
- After that, choose Outlook Data file (.pst) and click on the Next button.
- Now, click on the browse button to browse the .pst file and tick on do not import duplicate option >> Next.
- After all the settings, click on the Finish button.
Method #2: Check Account Settings
There is a possibility duplicates files in Outlook while configuring the PST file more than one time by mistake in Outlook. In that case, multiple accounts were added to your Outlook with the same PST files, Thus, to verify the multiple accounts, follow the steps listed below.
- Open Outlook and go to File option and then Info >> Account settings.
- After that, an account settings window will open.
- Now, go to the Email tab and look for the account you have configured in Outlook. If it is appearing more than one time, simply remove it.
- To remove, simply move the cursor to the email account and click on the remove button.
Method #3: Remove Duplicates from PST File Via Clean Up Tool
Microsoft offers a clean-up tool that will help you to remove duplicate files from Outlook.
- First, start Outlook.
- After that, click on the cleanup tool from the ribbon bar and
- When you expand it, three options will be displayed and that is clean upconversion, clean.
- Up Folder, and clean up Folders and Subfolder.
- Now, choose the clean-up folder & Subfolder option.
- Now, a dialog box will pop up, asking whether to proceed with cleaning up or cancel? Simply click on the cleanup folder option.
- Click on the setting option to enter the deleted items folder.
- After clicking on Settings an Outlook options window will open. Click on the Browse button.
- Now, choose deleted items and then click on the OK button.
- After all the settings, click on the clean folder option to remove duplicates from PST files in Outlook.
Drawbacks of Removing Duplicate Emails from PST File By Using Manual Method
All the manual methods discussed above are useful only when the mailbox data is small in size. But if you have a large amount of mailbox data in Outlook, then you might face some drawbacks like it is unable to identify the exact number of duplicate files in the mailbox of Outlook.
While using the clean up a tool it starts generating error messages like No messages were cleaned up. Only messages that satisfy the clean upsetting will be removed to the trash folder. So, deleting the duplicates from Outlook using the manual method is not a good option.
Best & Easy Way to Remove Duplicate Emails from PST Files
As we said above, there are some obstacles that appear while using the manual method. So, if you are looking for a simple and reliable solution to remove duplicate files from Outlook, then go for the professional solution. The best and most proficient Outlook Duplicate Remover Wizard is one such advanced application that easily deleted all duplicates from PST files in Outlook.
Let’s Wrap It
Here in this article, we have discussed the situation where users have to remove duplicate emails from the PST file. In the above blog, we compare manual and automated procedures for the accurate solution, But the manual method contains some drawbacks which are mentioned above. So, we recommend you to go with the automated procedure for a hassle-free and easy solution.