A few months back, I received one of my client’s email to export their Hotmail account emails to PST format as a backup. The problem was that they had 100+ mailboxes and wanted to export them all within a week. I knew this was going to be a challenging task and started my research. After hours of research and installing several automated tools’ trial versions, I picked up the Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore tool. There are several reasons behind picking up this tool.
Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore Tool
Basically, it is a windows based utility that works in all Windows Operating systems and allows users to export Hotmail email to PST format without any size and number restriction. You can export any number of mailboxes without any size restriction. The software has several handy features that help to make the export process like a cakewalk.
The software cost me $160, which was around $0.8 per mailbox, and in my opinion, the software is worth its money. It almost saves months of hassles and repeated tasks irritation. Some of its vital features that I like the most are as follows:
Why did I fall for this software?
The first thing I noticed in its trial version was, I can create multiple export jobs and run them simultaneously. Let me make it easy, if we create a single job containing 100+ mailboxes, then the software will usually take around 15 days. But if we create 5 export jobs containing 15 mailboxes each, the speed will automatically increase up to 3 times. Also, it has several other user-centric features
- Split PST file option to create desired size PST files.
- Filter option to filter out unwanted items.
- Prevent duplicate items from exporting into PST files.
- Allows protecting PST files with passwords.
- Incremental export option to resume interrupted process.
Ok, I think it’s enough you guys may now satisfy with my choice. Let’s move to its process.
Export Hotmail email to PST
- First thing First, install and open the software in your system. Then move forward by clicking the Backup Directory option from the ribbon bar.
- Now provide the Backup Directory Name and Backup Directory Path for your PST files.
- Next, go to the Backup Jobs tab. Here provide the Job name and Add Hotmail mailboxes. To eliminate the repeated process of adding mailboxes, create a CSV file containing mailboxes’ email addresses in one column and passwords in another column. Then upload the CSV files into the software using Adding mailboxes using CSV option.
- Move forward by going to backup directory windows and choosing the previously created backup directory.
- Following, visit the filter tab and use the date filter and folder filter as per your need.
- Next will be the scheduler window. From here, you can export your Hotmail emails immediately or schedule them for a specific period.
- At last, go to the Advanced option and configure PST file size, PST password, thread count, and other settings according to your requirement. Once done with all these options, click on the Create Backup Job button.
These are the simple steps, you need to pursue to export Hotmail emails to PST format. Now, as I’ve mentioned above, you can create and run another export job concurrently.
Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore is undoubtedly the most convenient and reliable approach to export Hotmail or any IMAP-based email client into PST format. It is cost-effective, advanced, easy to navigate, and most importantly, works in all Windows Operating systems and IMAP-based email clients.