Either of the warning messages appears when you come across the QuickBooks error 1334, “Error 1334. Error writing to file [File name]. Verify that you have access to that directory” or “Error 1334. The file cannot be installed. Insert the QuickBooks CD and retry”. This particular issue can come up while installing, fixing, or updating the QB Desktop. As it can arise due to plenty of reasons, in this blog, we will discuss its causes as well a few debugging processes.
Our technical support team is within reach round the clock. Thus, if you receive QuickBooks error 1334 and do not know what to do about it, have a conversation with one of our experts at Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
Why Do You Encounter the Error Code 1334 in QuickBooks?
Learn the reasons behind the error 1334 in QB by checking out the following enlisted points-
- The file extension of the company file must be inaccurate because of which the issue arises.
- There is also a possibility that your QuickBooks Desktop might have been corrupted or damaged.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15271
Top Methods to Rectify the QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 1334
Are you looking for different ways to debug the problem? Have a look at the troubleshooting methods we have explained further-
SITUATION 1: Receiving Error When Starting the QuickBooks Desktop
- From your system’s desktop, navigate to the location where you have stored your data file.
- Once you find the folder and check for the extension of your company file.
- It must have the .qbw file extension.
- If it does not have the mentioned extension, change its name by right-clicking on the file and choosing the ‘Rename’ option.
- After renaming, hit the ‘Enter’ key to save the new changes.
- Once done, try to open the program again.
SOLUTION 2: Receiving Error When Fixing or Updating the QuickBooks Desktop
- In the beginning, you are supposed to remove the QB application, Open‘ Control Panel’ from the Windows ‘Start’ menu.
- After that, choose either of the options- ‘Programs and Features’ or ‘Uninstall a Program’.
- As a list appears on your screen, you are now required to select QuickBooks from it.
- Next, tap on the ‘Uninstall/Change’ option, ‘Remove’ and ‘Next’.
- After the successful removal of the application, it’s time to download it again.
- Download your version of QB and save it.
- Next, run the ‘QuickBooks.exe’ file and go ahead with the prompted instructions.
- You must also agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now, choose ‘Next’ after providing the necessary details.
- Opt for a suitable ‘Install Type’- ‘Express’ or ‘Custom and Network’.
- End the process by clicking ‘Install’.
- After it gets installed, run your QuickBooks Desktop and complete the activation process.
We hope after reading this article on QuickBooks error 1334, you must have been able to eliminate the issue entirely. However, if you require any additional assistance regarding the same matter, we recommend reaching out to the team of QuickBooks professionals through our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
Related search terms : Error 1334 the file cannot be installed, Error 1334 when Installing QuickBooks, Error 1334 when launching QuickBooks, Error 1334 when repairing QuickBooks
You can read our other QuickBooks Related blog on articlemug.com