Similar to every service that is provided in a timely manner, a growing number of taxi firms are able to pay semi-variable fees in order to access the market for apps with their innovative taxi application development solutions. The rapid acceptance of transportation services that are on demand is among the numerous developments that the development of information and communication technology can bring. It is Transportation Network Companies (TNCs) such as Uber and Lyft that provide innovative alternatives to mobility that encourage security, equity and respect for the top quality of apps-based ride services and other for-hire transportation options. These examples are not only inspiring but also pose the question of how much it will cost to create a Taxi Booking App.
How do taxi apps function?
Taxi booking apps for mobile devices like Lyft, Uber, Hailo, or Gett are apps that are designed to connect passengers with service providers. They are the drivers of non-commercial vehicles which meet the former through an online taxi application. Additionally, Android and iOS applications are designed to provide and offer the option of on-demand transportation. It could be ride-hailing, or ride-sharing it could be web-based or app-based.
A taxi booking app could comprise three elements: (1) an app for passengers, (2) an app for drivers as well as (3) an administrator panel. Each is accompanied by specific characteristics.
1. Taxi app for passengers
- Sign-up and login for the user. In most cases the creation of a profile for a user is mandatory.
- Edit profile.
- On-demand and pre-scheduled taxi reservation.
- Notifications. It is desirable to be able to get them in a variety of ways, including SMS and email, or as push messages in apps or notifications.
- Flexible payment choices. It is important for service providers to give customers a choice to choose from. If they are able to choose and alter the payment method at any point (e.g. cash or credit card or mobile payments) They will feel more at ease and secure when using your application.
- Real-time GPS-based tracking of vehicles. It lets users track the position of the car as they wait for a driver as well as while driving.
- An option to select the type of cab. To satisfy the demands of a wider user base, the app is designed to let users choose from a range of prices for different users.
- Automated price calculation. When deciding on the type of cab the passenger must be able to have all price options that are automatically calculated.
- Tracking of booking history.
- Feedback. Rating their rides passengers tell other app users how well their driver was.
2. Taxi app for drivers
- Sign-up and login for users. For drivers, the process is more challenging. They need to be approved by an administrator to begin providing their services.
- Edit your profile. Users should have the option of updating their phone number as well as an email address, as well as updating and include new vehicles, or uploading new photos of their vehicle.
- Reservation confirmation.
- Tracking in real-time using GPS. With this feature within an app drivers can look up the exact location of the fare, while being guided on the fastest and most efficient route that is possible.
- Tracking of booking history.
- A tracker of earnings. Driver’s daily and weekly progress reports (a number of journeys completed and the earnings per trip) are easily accessible via a specific page.
- Notifications. Getting messages, drivers are up-to-date whether it’s new earning opportunities or new features, or details on an account or even a ride.
- feedback. A two-way rating system isn’t widely utilized, but when it is it improves the safety of customers and drivers. security.
3. Admin panel
- Details of the trip. An admin needs to have access to all the details of the active, completed and scheduled rides.
- An interactive Map. It will let an administrator track the location of drivers’, vehicles and passengers’ positions.
- Analytics and reports tracking. Charts with real-time updates on driver’s activity and revenue are as pertinent as data on the active trip, cancelled trips, or requests to refuse the trip.
- Management of revenue. An admin job is to oversee the transactions.
- driver management. First of all admins are the ones who approve new drivers. Therefore, their documents as well as basic personal data must be available on the relevant page on the panel. In addition, administrators are accountable to deactivate and block drivers.
- Management of passengers. Being able to see and edit user information via an admin interface directly ensures that user experience will improve.
- Multi-language support.
- Management of complaints. If the review and rating left by the passenger express his or her dissatisfaction with their traveler or driver or trip, the admin must resolve the problem.
- Notifications. To send notifications to passengers and drivers, or alter the default settings, by selecting the most appropriate method of having the notifications sent, administrators need to visit the administrator panel.
How long will it take to design a taxi application?
The companies operating in the for-hire transportation sector are similar. While they differ in their use of technology to make their mark on the market There is an array of fundamental characteristics and functions that make an easy taxi app development system for iOS or Android:
- Native Development (Android, iOS)
- Login page User profiles Time: 130 hours
- Notifications The time limit is 50 hours.
- Cab booking: 70-90hrs
- Tracking vehicles using GPS for 40-50 hours
- Payment integration The time range is between 100 and 120 hours.
- Calculation of the fare: 15 to 20 hours
- History of booking: 40 hours
- UX/UI Design: 180 – 200 hours
- Backend Development: Up 200 hours
- Web Development (an administrator panel) 170 hours
- Testing and Quality Assurance: one-third of the total time used in developing apps
The whole procedure of developing a driver application and driver application to be used on iOS and Android creating an admin panel that is web-based and a backend in conjunction with the introduction of the QA process could take anywhere from 1000 hours.
Read More Blogs-: Full stack vs MEAN stack & MERN stack. Which is better?
What is the price of an app for taxis cost?
The process of creating an independent brand can be laborious. This is the reason why you should think about using white labels prior to establishing one’s position in the field of for-hire transportation.
Start with a white label software or a business with limited or no experience, yet is determined to establish an autonomous brand into the near future (like Hailo, Uber, Lyft and Gett did) is most likely to reap the best deal. This will stop any from having to reinvent the wheel which can delay the time to market and spending excessively. Furthermore, it is the job of the manufacturer to make sure that the plan is economical. If a white label option is the most simple, quick option a customer can avail and it is priced accordingly, the price could be the cheapest, with a range of up to $10,000. Even with this basic version, the users of the software may find their needs met.
Taxi application development process and the technology stack
1. Native Development (Android and iOS)
The goal of the tertiary sector and services on demand in particular is to meet the requirements of the largest number of consumers is possible. In the case of taxi booking app for mobile companies should think about the possibility of creating applications for Android or iOS users. In addition, not only drivers but also passengers will make use of this application. Therefore, it is in the benefit of the business to be able to lure a wide range of service providers as well as customers by providing them with the same app on various operating systems.
For a refresher for you, look over our article which explains the major distinctions among Android as well as iOS mobile development. It is sure that they are two separate procedures, not to mention of the amount of energy and work it normally is to create native apps for both drivers and passengers in a separate manner. However, businesses are bound to benefit from developing an application that is native to both OS. Native applications offer better performance, better security and a more responsive experience.
Two tech stacks that are required to create taxi booking app are the following:
- Android: Java & Kotlin (Programming Language), Android Studio (IDE)
- iOS: Swift & Objective C (Programming Language), Xcode (IDE)
The issue of real-time GPS-based tracking must be addressed here too. This is a feature that requires using APIs as well as frameworks:
- OpenStreetMap API is available for both Android as well as iOS
- Google Maps and Google Location Services APIs for Android
- MapKit as well as CoreLocation frameworks designed for the iOS platform.
2. UX/UI Design
With the help of quality native applications that are compatible with Android and iOS Businesses increase their chances of locating and the right audience. However, reaching doesn’t necessarily mean providing reasons to stay. An unfailing user experience and attractive user interfaces do. The creation of prototypes and wireframes, and prototyping that can be clicked that appear and function as real-world applications will allow you to test previous versions, and then refine the version that will be made available to users.
3. Backend Development
The chances are that the volume of created and utilized data will be massive that directly address the issue of efficient data management and organization. A taxi-management program (back-end) is central to the process of data management. Thus, a back-end for taxi booking app should provide an interface to data sources, reservation information, and a connection to payment providers as well as various communication tools. By providing a an information interface standard back-end systems, they can harmonize different data sources and link it to the driver’s and the user interfaces of passengers. Processing the data may be an issue because it comes from multiple sources and may change quickly in real time. Here are a few examples of technologies that could be taken into consideration when developing an app’s backend
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Riak, Schemaless
- Languages: Python, Node.js, Java
4. Web Development
In the first place, web development is required to create an admin panel that is web-based. This panel lets administrators to oversee all processes that happen in the apps that are used by the drivers as well as passengers. Administrators have accessibility to an admin panel that allows them to enjoy the full power of the admin panel and grant the ability to manage users who have registered. When developing an admin panel using web-based application Software engineers can make use of Python as well as its web framework that is open-source, Django.
5. Testing and Quality Assurance
To ensure that the service delivery is free of errors it is necessary to conduct software testing. It is essential to plan the testing as well as quality-assurance tasks with care. If the QA team is working in close collaboration with UX/UI designers, developers project managers, as well as team members from the customer support department trust is built and increases the likelihood of the success.
The changes, whether they are making new features available or altering existing ones, should be tested and testable. When one discovers problems that need to be addressed it is important to prioritize these issues. For instance, issues that are connected to completing a trip and preventing drivers from performing their work effectively or causing issues in calculating the correct fares should be the first priority. Additionally, implementing some automation can improve stability, particularly when you are scaling up. This is also true for testing. Making sure that any unexpected issues are addressed as swiftly and efficiently as is possible is the primary goal of giving a great customer experience with the taxi booking app.
6. Project Management
While we’re on the topic of how to build an app that is similar to Uber however, we must remind you that everything must be put in the proper order in the right order, regardless of the kind of app you’re creating. The order doesn’t come out of thin air. It is an outcome of extensive planning by the project management team. The future of the project is affected by the choices they have made. In the beginning, they must develop a strategy to clarify all the what’s and what’s. In the next step, who’s who and when’s are figured out.
- What are the the goals of development of taxi booking app as well as an expected market share and volume of sales.
- What is the technology stack? production and technical abilities, a way of reaching a segment of the market (passengers or drivers) in conformity with regulations and standards (e.g. taxi driver licensing.)
- Who is: human resources management.
- When: delivery times and reports.
7. Technical Support
Similar to the tertiary sector it is common to have clients who experience issues with a service or product or in this case, an application that helps in the provision of the service. When it comes to natural situations, businesses that provide this service must also provide technical assistance. Support forums, chat rooms online phone calls, as well as email are the most common ways customers can use to provide feedback. Users are also allowed to share any issues they’re having regarding the software. Technical support staff is on hand to gather data about issues to analyze them, and discover solutions to the most basic technical issues or create new ones for the complicated issues that arise.
Taxi app development cost
Based upon our estimations of the amount of time needed for each stage of software development, we can calculate the approximate cost of Android or iOS app development using an hourly average for the outsourced development of 30 dollars:
Androd Native Development $13,500 $15,000 UX/UI Design $5,400 $6,000 Backend Development $6,000 $6,000 Web Development (an admin panel) $5,100 Testing and Quality Assurance $8,900 $9,800 Project Management (10-15% of the total budget) $3,890 $4,190 Total $46,980 $49,980
The plan to enter the market of on-demand transport using the development of a mobile app that calls taxicabs and the ambition to establish your own market share is certainly an ambitious and difficult. They will require extensive market research to aid in determining the approximate taxi app development price, as well as your intended market and also test your business plan. Though it’s difficult to overcome about it, you shouldn’t be worried about the competition. Begin with a white label and then begin to build a solid image of the most reliable taxi booking app for you and your app’s customers!
- Native Development (Android, iOS)