Most of the time, users might end up with QuickBooks POS Failed to Open a Company File error while trying to open the company file in QBPOS. Wondering what are the reasons behind the error ? It might occur when the connection to the company file has been damaged. On the occurrence of the error message, you will be prompted with the following error message stating:
“Failed to open company
Error: Unable to connect to your company data file
Login to company file failed”
As a result, you will be unable to access the company file, which will disrupt your current business tasks. This in-depth guide will keep you up to date on the elements that contribute to the issue and how to fix it.
What are the factors that prompt QuickBooks POS Failed To Open Company File?
A damaged company file is one of the main reasons behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks POS failed to open company file error. There are numerous other reasons as well, we have discussed some of them below:
- Sometimes, it might occur when QBPOS has been installed as a client workstation instead of a server.
- You might also encounter such an error when the POS database service manager isn’t running and is unable to login to your file.
- Also, it may occur when the connection to the company file is lost.
Simple Troubleshooting Steps to Follow when QuickBooks Point Of Sale Won’t Open Company File
Here we have listed some of the quick troubleshooting solutions that you must follow when QuickBooks POS won’t open company file.
Solution 1: Relaunch Point of Sale service
When you restart the QuickBooks Point of Sale Services, you can undo the unsaved changes in your application. It totally refreshes the application and thus fixes the issues instantly. Follow the steps listed below to relaunch the point of sales services:
- To initiate the process, press the Windows button on your keyboard. Further, type services.msc into the search box, and then hit the Enter key.
- Following that, find and configure Intuit Entitlement Service and QBPOS Database Manager by following the steps as follows:
- To use the Intuit Entitlement Service vX, double-click it. (If there are many versions, choose the one with the greatest number.)
- Choose Automatic from the Startup Type from the General tab, and make sure the Service status is Started.
- Afterwards, go to the Log On tab.
- Allow Service to Interact with Desktop and select Local System Account.
- Only for the Intuit Entitlement Service:
- Select Restart the Service from the First, Second, and Subsequent failures fields on the Recovery tab.
- After that, select OK and then Apply.
- Re-open the company file.
Solution 2: Create a test company file
- In the first step, open the Point of Sale.
- Soon after this, choose Create new company screen, from the Start Company screen, then select Next.
- Following that, enter the Test in the Company Name field, then Create.
- Now, run this test file and go to File > Company operations > Next.
- Open the Test file.
- Choose Open existing company, then choose your company file and Next.
Know More About QuickBooks Online Login issue in Chrome
Summing It Up!!
We hope that you can easily get rid of QuickBooks POS Failed to open company file error through this blog. If the error continues, don’t worry and consult with our experts by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-856-0053.