This blog completely relies on the solution of Convert MBOX to PST. It talks about different methods of performing this task in best possible manner. Read complete blog and stay tuned with us.
What We Have Covered in this POST
- User Query
- About MBOX file and PST file
- Reason for MBOX to PST file conversion
- Manual Solution for performing the export process
- Limitations of Manual Solution
- Automated approach for MBOX to PST
- Working Procedure
- Concluding Lines
User Query: “Hello! I have decided to switch from Thunderbird to Outlook as I found MS Outlook better. In this I can manage my personal information in better way. However, I tried many techniques for solving this issue, but none of them helped me out. Can anyone please recommend an error – free solution through which I can successfully perform the task of convert MBOX file to PST format.”
- Tyler, Hong Kong
About MBOX File and PST File Format
As we know that MBOX file is one of the flexible file formats and it can be access in various email applications like Thunderbird, Pocomail, Apple Mail, Entourage, Evolution, Spicebird, etc. On the other hand, PST file is the most organized file format, which stores all the Outlook mailbox data.
As MBOX files only store emails but PST file stores entire mailbox data, so it is always beneficial for the users to use PST file format over MBOX format. These files are in an open proprietary format, which is used to save copies of emails, calendars, contacts, and other Outlook items.
What Users Want to Export MBOX File into PST Format – Reasons
It is important to understand the benefits of this conversion process. So, let’s have a look at the reasons behind MBOX to PST Conversion Procedure.
- In MBOX file format one can easily store email messages. But on the other hand, PST file stores all emails, journals, contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, etc., for each mailbox.
- There is no requirement of internet connectivity to access the email or data that is opened earlier in PST Files.
- PST file is more secure format than MBOX file and provides password protection like encoding email for security purposes as well.
- The structure of the PST file in Outlook is always in a systematic manner like inbox, sent items, contacts, etc. Whereas, MBOX file only stores emails and attachments in a sequential manner
- There are many additional features in Outlook such as, spell check, quick view, voice mail transcript, etc which are not found in the other platforms.
So, because of these benefits, it is good for the users to export MBOX files into PST format.
Manual Procedure of Convert MBOX to PST – Free Solution
Step 1: Use Apple Mail to Move the MBOX file
- First, Open Apple Mail and go to the File >> Import option.
- Now, choose the option from where you want to import the data i.e., File in MBOX format
- Then, click on Continue button and user have to manually select the MBOX file location
- From the location, select the MBOX files and click on the Choose >> Continue option
- After completion of the import process, click on the Done button.
Step 2: Now, Use Eudora Application
Now, we have to add this MBOX file into Eudora email client. This process is necessary for the execution of the next process. Follow these steps now:
- Firstly, in order to begin, add file extension i.e., .mbx to the imported MBOX file (Inbox.mbox –> Inbox.mbx)
- Then, copy the file to the Eudora default directory by going at the default location i.e.
- C: \Documents and Settings(user)\Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora
- Finally, start the Eudora and double-click on the MBOX file, and exit the application.
Step 3: Then, Use Outlook Express to Import the Messages
In this step, the user will be taking advantage of an inbuilt import option in Outlook Express to directly transfer the Eudora files into it.
- First, Outlook Express, click on File >> Import, and choose Messages
- Thereafter, select Eudora and click on the Next
- Then, browse the .mbx and click on OK
- Finally, click on NEXT >> Finish and now, the user can view the imported MBOX file in Local Folders of MS Outlook Express
Step 4: Import Messages from Outlook Express to Outlook
Now we will use the native option in MS Outlook to import the emails directly from the Outlook Express program. The steps to do so are as follows:
- To begin this, navigate to File >> Open option in MS Outlook
- After that, click on Import and Import & Export window will open
- Then, the user has to choose the Import Internet Mail and Addresses option and click on the Next.
- Now, select Outlook Express or Window Mail option and click on the Next
- Thereafter, click on the Import button to begin the import process
- Finally, you can easily access all MBOX file data in MS Outlook.
Limitation of Manual Solution
As such there is no manual solution that is secure and so is this. Following are the demerits associated with the manual solution to convert MBOX files into PST files:
- Missing SMTP header after the conversion process
- User cannot convert bulk MBOX to PST Conversion
- The disturbed original folder structure of the MBOX file.
- This is a lengthy and time-consuming approach
- Users will get broken images after MBOX File Conversion
- Also, requires Technical Expertise to Execute the procedure
Automated Solution for MBOX to PST Conversion – Direct Approach
Users’ problems can be solved very easily with the help of Syskare MBOX to PST Converter. This is the solution that users have been looking for, as this software can solve the issue of Convert MBOX to PST easily without any issue.
Therefore, users must use this professional solution for performing this task in an effortless manner. Users will not have to face data loss scenarios in this technical approach. Every technical, as well as non – technical user, can use this software easily. Users can also export selective data items from MBOX file to PST format. Moreover, it does not impose any file size limitations. It maintains the originality of the data even after the conversion process.
Step–by–step Conversion Procedure for MBOX to PST File Format
Follow the below–mentioned steps for performing this task in the best way:
- First, install and run MBOX to PST Converter on your Windows Operating System.
- Then, select the choice between “Select Files” or “Select Folders” for uploading MBOX files.
- Now, users have to select the PST file saving option from the given drop list.
- Thereafter, browse the destination path for saving the final output data.
- Finally, click on the convert button to start the conversion process without losing any data.
This post was all about how to convert MBOX to PST. Both professional and non – professional users can refer to this informative blog post for completing this task. Both manual and professional solution has been mentioned here. Users can use any method as per their requirements. But as mentioned above manual solution comes with multiple limitations. So, it is better to use a professional solution for the completion of the task.
We hope after reading this blog user will not face any issue related to this task of export MBOX to PST file.